We believe in social justice, common humanity and a shared responsibility to aid and protect the most vulnerable people in our society.
Our vision is an inclusive society where Refugees and people seeking asylum are treated with humanity, dignity and respect. We strive for a society where basic human needs are met, and where Refugees can receive the support they need to play a role in their new community.
Our mission is to improve the lives of Refugees and people seeking asylum by providing support, advice, promoting awareness and facilitating integration into the local community.
Our Values guide our Staff, Trustees and Volunteers and are central to our work.
Our Values state:
- Social justice, human dignity and respect, as prescribed by the European Convention on Human Rights and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) must be upheld
- Diversity of race, culture, ability, sexuality, gender, age, religion and other beliefs is beneficial to our community and should be celebrated.
- The rights of individuals defined in the United Nations convention relating to the status of Refugees and responsibilities of signatories to that convention should be respected and upheld.
- Working in partnership with other organisations improves effectiveness and spreads understanding.
- Maintaining confidentiality in working with those we seek to help is of the greatest importance in generating trust and security.
- The services and activities of the organisation should be accessible to all people who need them, regardless of their individual circumstances.