Asylum support

Asylum seekers who are destitute may be able to receive accommodation and/or subsistence support from the Home Office. It was previously known as NASS support. Accepting accommodation will mean the asylum seeker must go to the dispersal area in which they are offered accommodation. If they have additional care needs, due to chronic illness or disability they may also be eligible to support from their local authority.